Beer is definitely one of the most popular drinks all around the world, especially in North America and Europe.
However, despite being delicious, it also boosts health in multiple ways. It is richer in protein and vitamin B content than wine, and as high in antioxidants as wine.
Beer is abundant in flavonoids, which are potent antioxidants, and minerals, which play an important role in various metabolic processes. Therefore, we give you 10 good reasons to drink beer:
- Beer is high in silicon, which increases bone density and thus strengthens your bones.
- Beer is rich in several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12). People who drink beer had 30 percent higher levels of vitamin B6 than their non-drinking counterparts, and 50% higher than those of wine drinkers.
- Beer is excellent for the kidneys. Studies have shown that each bottle of beer you drink lowers the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
- Beer is high in fiber which lowers LDL cholesterol levels, or the “bad” type of cholesterol.
- Beer effectively treats insomnia, as it contains lactoflavin and nicotinic acid, which promote sleep.
- Beer prevents the formation of blood clots, as it contains numerous beneficial ingredients which prevent blood clots.
- Beer is rich in numerous vitamins which positively affect pigmentation, regenerate the skin, and make it smooth and healthy.
- The findings of a group of experts at the University of Montreal indicate that two glasses of beer daily reduce work-related stress or anxiety.
- Experts found that beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent lower risk of a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.
- Beer boosts your memory, and beer drinkers have a lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia than non-beer drinkers.
Therefore, we have an idea- what about a glass of beer right now?
BeirutNightLife is not responsible for the comments that users post below.