Every Lebanese local or tourist can certainly agree that in order to capture the true spirit of Beirut, one must take a stroll along the Raouche corniche. It’s one of the few landmarks in Lebanon that has preserved its beauty and charm even after the long years of war. You can find people of all nationalities, ages and social classes happily and harmoniously doing their own thing on this beautiful seaside walk.
Are you wondering about what things to do on the Raouche corniche? Here are a few ideas:
- Grab a bottle of wine or a couple of beers and enjoy a drink with a friend or a loved one as you watch the sunset.
- If you’re still awake after an intense night of Beirut clubbing, grab a man’oushi from any open place on Bliss Street with a Bonjus Pyramid and savor it as you watch the sunrise.
- Rent a bike for an afternoon and tour the beautiful seaside area by bike.
- Get your camera, a group of friends and get creative! There are no limits to all the cool and scenic photos you can take together. Share them on Facebook!
- Get your favorite book, sit on a bench, de-stress and forget the time as the hours of the day fly by.
- In need of exercise? There’s nothing better than jogging from one end of the corniche to other as the sun is going down.
- Mc Donald’s is right across the street. Grab a couple of meals, find a bench and eat away! It’s a lot more fun than you think.
- Bring a board game – Backgammon, Monopoly, Pictionary, Scrabble – and spend the entire day playing it with a friend.
- Need to brainstorm with your colleagues? What better place to get creative than in the heart of the Beirut outdoors? Write your next blog, script, story or draw your next sketch right on the corniche with the beautiful sea as a backdrop.
- Play Volleyball on the Raouche beach or enjoy a simple picnic on the sand.
With all the hectic craziness going on around us, sometimes a dose of simplicity is exactly what we need. There’s no need to venture too far to find that when the Raouche corniche is right there, as glorious as ever, just waiting for you to soak in its positive energy.