Lebanon, say hello to the new Blackberry! The newest model by the Canadian smartphone giant, the long-awaited Z10, was launched in Beirut at a sophisticated ceremony at the Phoenicia Hotel. Lebanon’s Telecommunications Minster Nicholas Sehnaoui, Canada’s Ambassador to Lebanon Hilary Childs-Adams, as well as local celebrity May Hariri were present at the ceremony, in addition to many guests. The attendees were shown a presentation about the new touchscreen phone, which is quite different from previous models in terms of looks as well as functionality. They were also given the chance to try out the Z10 for themselves as Blackberry crew distributed models for the guests to experiment with.
Z10 Blackberry Specs:
- Processor: Dual-Core 1.5GHz – Snapdragon S4 Plus
- Display: 4.2”, 4 point multi-touch LCD display, 1280 x 768 resolution at 356 DPI, Touch On Lens
- Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5X digital zoom, 1080p HD video recording ・2MP front facing camera, 3X digital zoom, 720p HD video recording
- Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot up to 64GB
- WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz ・4G Mobile Hotspot
- GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
- Battery: 1800mAh Removable ・Talk Time: up to 10 hours on 3G・Standby Time: up to 305 hours on 3G, up to 316 hours on 2G・Audio Playback: up to 60 hours・Video PlayBack: up to 11 hours
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Size (LxWxD): 130mm x 65.6mm x 9mm
BeirutNightLife is not responsible for the comments that users post below.