There is one thing that goes hand in hand with nightlife, and to go even further, with life itself. That one this is music. The music world is vast and to me seems endless. On a weekly basis I attend clubs, pubs and events that fill my ears with melodies. It is always a great thing to expand your music library. Whether you are a DJ, a rock-star, an industry professional or more importantly a true fan of music, coming across new solid tunes is more than a pleasure.
Every week I post a list of 10 artists, albums or songs to check out, in hopes to share my music library with fellow BNLer’s.
Feel free to leave comments regarding my suggestions or your own music suggestions in the comment box below.
1. Right There – Nicole Scherzinger: Sexy sexy sexy! Nicole and the song both. This is a hot jam that will put you in the mood to dance and seductively. Nicole Scherzinger is the font woman of the group the Pussy Cat Dolls but now has her solo work to be proud of, especially this song.
2. Hard – Rihanna: Yeah, yeah, yeah she’s so hard…This is track you have got to turn up. Bad Girl Riri is so hard! Her thug attitude is the best and it comes out in this song. In the lyrics Rihanna let’s us know that her “reign just won’t let up”…. This song also features Young Jeezy.
3. Glad You Came – The Wanted: This is a song by the recently very popular British/Irish boy band, The Wanted. The song peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, not bad for their second single. I predict that this group is just going to get bigger.
4. Mashrou3 Leila: This is an alternative rock band that Lebanon can be proud to call its own. The band is all from and currently resides in Lebanon. The band has released two studio albums but trust me you must check them out live!
5. November Rain – Guns N’ Roses: Classic! This band and this song are just timeless. The song was written by famous singer Axl Rose and features a sweeping orchestral backing. It is one of Guns N’ Roses’ longest songs and definitely one of my favorite.
6. Gigi l’amoroso – Dalida: Aside from the fact that Dalida is one of my favorite singers/artists of all time this song is amazing. Dalida is an incredible and very cultured woman she recorded songs in literally more than 10 languages that included French, English and Arabic among many others. Check out this song and all of Dalida’s work.
7. Hand That Feeds – Nine Inch Nails: I will most likely mention Nine Inch Nails several times in future posts but I will start with The Hand That Feeds, which was released as the lead single for the album With Teeth. It is the highest charting song by Nine Inch Nails on all charts except for U.S. because their single “Only” took that spot. Nine Inch Nails are raw and unmatched when it comes to rock music. Check them out you will see what I mean.
8. Paint It, Black – The Rolling Stones: This song is more like an anthem to me. It’s the first single from the US version of their fourth album entitled Aftermath. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards wrote this epic song.
9. Save The World – Swedish House Mafia: All year we heard the questions “Who’s gonna save the world tonight?” Thanks to the Swedish House Mafia and John Martin, who sang and co-wrote the song with the house music trio. The song received a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording, and in my opinion should have won.
10. Changes – David Bowie: Changes is a masterpiece. It is one of Bowie’s best-known songs. The lyrics are often seen as a manifesto for his chameleonic personality, the frequent change of the world today, and frequent reinventions of his musical style throughout the 1970s. This is the last song Bowie performed live on stage before his retirement from live performances at the end of 2006.