There is one thing that goes hand in hand with nightlife and, to go even further, with life itself. That one thing is music. The music world is vast and to me seems endless. On a weekly basis I attend clubs, pubs and events that fill my ears with melodies. It is always a great thing to expand your music library. Whether you are a DJ, a rock-star, an industry professional or more importantly a true fan of music, coming across new solid tunes is more than a pleasure.
Every Monday I am posting a list of 10 artists, songs or albums to check out, in hopes to share my music library with fellow BNLer’s.
Feel free to leave comments regarding my suggestions or your own music suggestions in the comment box below!
1.The National – The national is an amazing Indie-Rock, Post-Punk band I believe are not as popular as they should be. Singer Matt Berningers’ voice is dark and emotional in this song, Conversation 16. The rest of the album is amazing too.
2. Massive Attack: English DJ and Trip Hop due from Bristol. Amazing albums. My favored song to chill to is Weather Storm.
3. The Best Of: Charles Aznavour – What a delight this man and his music is. His voice is heartwarming and his French ballads will put a romantic smile on your face. Perfect to listen to anytime, alone or with someone you love.
4. Good Mourning: Alkaline Trio – My favorite album by one of my favorite rock bands. The band comprised of three guys, Matt, Dan and Derek, time and time again put out solid albums and support them with awesome live shows.
5. Wu Tang Clan: If you like Rap, you love the Wu Tang Clan…Forever!
6. Gypsy Punks: Golgol Bordello – The title of the album speaks for itself. Punk music with a gypsy twist. This album is like a wild ride that never stops. They brought something new to the table, which I love and their live show is incredible.
7. The Immaculate Collection: Madonna – The album that is a must own by the queen of pop. It comprises most of the legends hit singles that we all know and love. So you can dance!
8. I Feel You: Schiller – Sexy, soothing, Electronic ambient.
9. It Ain’t Over Till It’s Over: Lenny Kravitz – Even if you are not the biggest Lenny Kravitz fan (I am not) this song is a must have in your collection. Sexy, emotional and you can move to it.
10. Unseen: The Haunted – If you are not into heavy metal don’t even give this a shot. But if you are it’s a must. This is the 7th studio album from Swedish melodic death metal band The Haunted. Definitely a band you should know if you want to get into heavier music.
BeirutNightLife is not responsible for the comments that users post below.