“In music the passions enjoy themselves.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
The Lebanese are renowned for their many talents, and music is definitely one of them. With so many outstanding DJs in the country, we thought we’d shine a spotlight to highlight some of the best talents in the field by launching the DJs of Lebanon. It’s a way to thank them for providing the soundtrack to some of the best nights of our lives and keep the beats going and going and going.
First up, eavesdrop on the interview Beirutnightlife.com had with Esper Paoli:
– When did you start DJing, and why?
At the age of 16. It was impulsive.
– Who and what are the inspirations for your music?
Well it’s hard to answer that as I’m open to many genres of music, but let’s say whenever I hear a good tune, I consider it good music.
– How would you define your genre of music?
Mainly House, from underground Techno to international mainstream, big room house, dutch house, stadium house, you name it. Sometimes I drop some Dubstep and R&B in between, it depends on the venue and the crowd.
– Where can we listen to you play?
Exclusively at all the Crystal Group venues: Pier7, Palais by Crysral, People by Crystal (Dubai) and some other private bookings through the Crystal Group
– Do you have any albums? Or are you working on one?
Well I’m working on some tracks but waiting for the right platform to launch it.
– What was your favorite event or show you ever played and why?
I enjoy every gig I play… But I remember there was a boat party in Santorini, Greece. The audience was terrific and harmonious, the scenery was so breathtaking, the party started at sunset and continued till dawn.
– What’s the most difficult part about being a DJ?
Being a DJ is not difficult for me, as it’s my passion. It’s difficult for my friends and family because my work is usually at night and during holidays, and I hardly spend those times with them.
– What’s the best part of being a DJ?
Controlling the feelings and the reaction of the crowd by taking them on a journey and making them shout, sing, cheer up… making them happy.
– Do you have some hobbies? Can you tell us more about those?
I like visiting new countries exploring new cultures. I also play football and I like cooking. I cook depending on my mood, sometimes Italian and sometimes Asian food.
– Where can we follow your news and updates?
My official fanpage is: https://www.facebook.com/EsperPaoliOfficial
– What’s your favorite tune on your iPod right now?
EDX feat nadia ali -this is your life (original)
– How would you describe Lebanon in one sentence?
A beautiful country that needs care, respect and protection from all of us.
BeirutNightLife is not responsible for the comments that users post below.