Who of you hasn’t tied at least one memory to a Bryan Adams song? I remember hearing his music during my childhood years, my teenage years, and my adulthood. I’ve heard his songs in movies, on the radio, in restaurants, bars, clubs, and weddings; and they always make me feel good!
Bryan Adams is a Canadian singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, and photographer, born in November 5, 1959. He is the bestselling Canadian male recording artist of all time, and has won countless awards throughout his career, including:
- 18 Juno awards (with 56 nominations)
- 1 Grammy award (with 15 nominations)
- 2 Ivor Novello awards
- Has won MTV ASCAP and American Music awards
- Has been nominated for many Golden Globe awards
- Has been nominated for 3 Academy awards
- Has been awarded the Order of Canada and the Order of British Columbia for contributions to music and charitable work though his foundation (The Bryan Adams Foundation), which helps improve schooling for people worldwide.
Adams was ranked 38 on the list of All-time top artists by the Billboard Hot 100 50th Anniversary Charts. His record sales have varied from 65 to 100 million worldwide. His song, “(Everything I do) I do it for you” is one of the biggest hits of all time; it remains the longest running number 1 in the UK Singles Chart (4 months in a row), and is known for being the biggest hit of the ‘90s. His hit songs, “Summer of ‘69” and “Run to you” have become rock classics, and his “Reckless” album is considered to be a milestone recording of the 80’s.
Don’t miss Bryan Adams, live in concert in Beirut. He will be performing at the Forum de Beirut on December 14.