Name: Join Cyclamen For Snowshoeing At The Cedars
Details: Be ready this Sunday to join us for snowshoeing at the Cedars “Al Arz” and enjoy the fresh air and the beautiful scenery.
The Cedar of Lebanon, Cedrus Libani, is an evergreen of the family Pinaceae. This coniferous plant was first found in Lebanon, on the Mount Lebanon range at Sannine, Barrouk, and the eastern and western mountain chains. The Mount Lebanon chain used to be almost completely covered with cedars.
The superb qualities of the cedar wood as beautiful color, hardness, exquisite fragrance, resistance to insects humidity and temperature, incited Phoenicians, Egyptians, Greeks and many others to use it extensively. The Phoenicians built their trade ship and military fleets from cedar wood as well as the roofs of their temples, houses and doorsills. Kings of neighboring and distant countries asked for this wood to build their religious and civil constructs; the most famous of which are the temple of Jerusalem and David’s and Solomon’s Palaces. It was also used in the temples and furniture works of the Assyrians and Babylonians. Greeks, Latins and Romans had their share of Cedar wood which they praise and have pride in.
– Level: Moderate
– Distance: 8 km. Uphill: 100m/downhill: 250m.
– Duration: snowshoeing 4 hours
– 07H35: Departure Starbucks, Hamra
– 07H55: Departure Beirut, SODECO SQUARE car park
– What to bring? ID or passport, Backpack with picnic lunch, waterproof hiking shoes, extra socks, warm layers, hat, sticks, sun cream, healthy snacks and water. (Good idea to bring some spare shoes and socks to change into after the snowshoeing)
– Minimum number: 12 persons
– Price per person: USD 27.00$ / special price for students under 18: USD 18.00$
– Includes: transport, tour leader & insurance.
– Price does not include snowshoes rental
Reservation dead line: Friday 18th of March at 16H00
For bookings and questions please contact us on [email protected] or on 04/ 41 98 48 or 04/ 41 46 97 during the week or call me on my cell phone 03 48 65 51 out of office time.
If we do not get back to you within 24 hours, please confirm by telephone.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Place: Al Arz
Tel: 04-419 848 / 04-414 697
Date: 20 March 2011
Time: 7:35 A.M