1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
4-6 cups cold water
1 cup vodka, optional
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a food processor or blender with ½ cup water.
- In a large pitcher, combine ice, strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice. If using the vodka, add it to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your tastes, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve desired sweet/tart balance.
- Rim your glasses with sugar before pouring, then garnish with fresh strawberries or lemon slices.