A few hours before midnight… We are all expecting a hangover the morning after we celebrate the start of the new year. BNL did some research to help you ease that horrible pain away… Mind you, these are tips you can use always, every night, anywhere you are in Lebanon – the party country of the world. And for those reading this after the party and feeling all oozy, read along.
- Drink fruit juice. It has a kind of sugar called fructose that helps the body burn alcohol faster.
- Eat crackers and honey. Since honey is a very concentrated source of fructose, the honey is also able to help burn alcohol. Plus, eating a little bit in the morning is another way to flush out whatever the alcohol remains.
- Replenish your water supply. Alcohol causes dehydration of your body cells. Drinking plenty of water before you go to bed again when you get up in the morning after may help relieve discomfort caused by dehydration.
- Take B complex vitamins. Drinking fluids drains the body of these valuable vitamins. It can also shorten the duration of a hang over.
- Eat amino acids. Amino acids are building blocks of protein. Just like vitamins and minerals, they can also be depleted by use of alcohol. They can be available in capsule form in health food stores.
- Have two cups of coffee. the coffee acts as a vasoconstrictor – meaning something that lessens swelling of blood vessels that cause headaches. A couple of cups can do a great deal to relieve the headaches associated with hangovers. But remember don’t drink too much.
- Eat a good meal. A balanced meal will replace the loss of essential nutrients. Keep the meal light: no fats or fried foods.