Name: The BaoBaB Psychedelic Dance Festival
Details: Standing a mighty 25 meters tall, challenging the test of time living to be 3000 years old, regarded as the largest succulent plant in the world, the baobab tree is steeped in a wealth of mystique, legend and superstition.
It is a tree that can provide, food, water, shelter and relief from sickness
With their own distinct ecosystem, baobabs swarm with life as they provide shelter and sustenance for various creatures.
Baobabs are very difficult to kill, they can be burnt, or stripped of their bark, but they will just form new bark and carry on growing. When they do die, they simply rot from the inside and suddenly collapse, leaving a heap of fibers, which makes many people think that they don’t die at all, but simply disappear
It is a belief among certain people that spirits inhabit the flowers of the baobab
In ancient times kings, elders and leaders would hold meetings under huge baobabs to discuss matters of great importance. Not only did the trees provide shelter, but the tribal leaders also believed that the spirit of the baobab would always help them make wise decisions.
In a world stripped of dreams, mystery and magic, we believe in the importance to unite and celebrate the goodness of life. Through the psychedelic platform we celebrate the buried legends in the roots of the mighty Baobab, we celebrate the abundance of spirituality, nature and music, we rejoice the healing power of love and unity.
Within the spirit of the Baobab, we invite you all to assemble and bathe in its wisdom, indulge in its mystery, and share the ritual of dance.
Psyleb Crew brings you:
“The BaoBaB Psychedelic Dance Festival”, June 21,22,23,24/ 2012, at Baisour Country Club, Aley, Towards Souk El Ghareb, Lebanon
– TRISTAN (Nano Records – UK)
– LAUGHING BUDDHA (Nano Records – UK)
– AVALON (Nano Records – UK)
– TRYAMBAKA (Spectral Records/Bhooteshwara – Portugal)
– BRAINWASH (Fractal Records – Portugal)
– FEARSOME ENGINE (Nano Records – UK)
– KILLERWATTS (Nano Records – UK)
– B-PSYCHO (Monstruo Ink Crew – Cyprus)
– DAKSINAMURTI (Peak Records/Sangoma Records – Germany)
– NIGEL (Shiva Valley Records – UK)
– KIA (Kundalini Records – Iran)
– PSYCHOGENESIS (Psyleb/Universal Dance Records – Lebanon)
– SUPERSAM (Iran)
– ZHANNA (Psyber Frequency – Kz)
– SENSIGRAM (Noize Conspiracy Records – Cyprus)
– TIHULU (Mind Manifest Project – Turkey)
– PROJECT SYNTHETIC (Psychoactive Records – Bahrain)
– FREEZE (India)
– HISHAM (Fractaltribe/Paradigm Shift – USA)
– KRAZYBONG (KXA/Mazzzak Family – India)
– PSYCHONOTIK (Psyde Effect Records – Netherlands)
– PSYCHO-LOGIC (Psyleb – Lebanon)
– ZAK (Psyleb – Lebanon)
– KALEVRA (Psyde Effect Records – Lebanon)
– MESSMAKER (Psyde Effect Records – Lebanon)
– CYBER DRAGON (Psyleb/KXA – KSA)
– KRAX & PSYMOE (Splonge – Australia/Lebanon)
– PSYSHROOM (Lebanon)
– MOE TAURIAN MUSIC (Psychedelia Trip – Jordan)
– HOPPIT (Universal Dance Records – Jordan)
– RABI-H (Lebanon)
– SHAMANIK HORROR (Psyde Effect Records – Netherlands)
CHILLOUT / ALTERNATIVE STAGE:
DVJ CYBER DRAGON ( Psyleb – Lebanon )
VJ MOSIG ( LB )
VJ PSYSOURCE ( Lycantrope records – Iran )
CAMPING AT BAOBAB:
Doors open on Thursday June 21st at 12noon. Attendees will be able to find their preferred spots and install their tents. Chill-out music will be playing throughout the day.
Main Stage kicks off on Friday 22nd June.
-Spacious Camping areas (bring your own tent – Free of charge)
-Available tents for rent (13$ / person for 3 nights & 4 days)
-Bungalows for 120$ for 4 people for the whole festival: very limited. Call to book in advance
To reserve your tent, please call Nicole: 00961 70 505406
Or e-mail us your booking request to: [email protected]
HOW TO GET TO BAOBAB:
Drive from Beirut towards Baabda/ Aley- Get to Souk Aley- Follow the arrows to the symposium 2001 and/or arrows to Aley equi Club- Then just follow the directions towards Aley Country Club until you reach Signs for Baisour Resort & Baobab Festival.
It is only 20 minutes away from Baabda and easy access no need for 4×4
Shuttle buses service will be available.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE ON SITE:
-Food and drink bar (Price list on site – Pocket friendly)
-Restrooms & showers
-Tribal & Ethnic shops (Flea Market)
-Free Secure Parking space
RESERVING YOUR SHOP SPOT AT BAOBAB:
An area will be dedicated to BaoBaB Flea Market;
To reserve your shop, please send us a request to: [email protected]
WHAT TO BRING:
-your carpet for your own comfort
-Tent and other camping material
-Anti Mosquito spray
-Warm clothes for the night
The most important advice from us is to have fun. Second is to look out for each other. We are a big family so treat everyone with respect and help the ones in need.
This Festival is Animal friendly! Your pets are welcomed
For more info and questions:
The Journey Begins
Place: Baisour Country Club, Towards Souk El Ghareb
Date: 21 June until 24 June 2012
Time: 12:00 P.M